Pleated Face Masks
The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that face coverings should be worn in public where social distancing is not possible to help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
SilverGuard’s IONIC+™ * face masks offer three distinct layers of protection:
- Inner IONIC+™ layer: has received clinical confirmation on its non-woven fabric, metallised with silver, with laboratory results revealing a reduction in Human Coronavirus between four and six times faster than the unmetallised control fabric
- Middle polypropylene filter layer
- Cotton outer: this is customisable by fabrics, colours and logos
*Formerly known as X-STATIC®
Our pleated face masks come in two sizes and four colours, you are spoilt for choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our face masks come in two sizes – Regular and Large. Regular face masks, in both our cupped and pleated designs, will comfortably fit teens and most adults. Our large masks are suitable for a larger physique.
The sizes of our masks vary with regular pleated mask being the smallest fit we do, followed by a regular cupped mask, then a large pleated mask and finally the large cupped mask being the largest size.
Follow our instructions below
Our face masks are washable and reusable. They are infused with pure silver, so washing them does not reduce the antimicrobial effects.
Our face masks only need to be sterilised or laundered when soiled:
- Sterilising: Sterilise both sides with 70%+ alcohol sanitiser and let dry
- Laundering: Face masks are washable at 40°C or 105°F. Do not bleach, do no use fabric softener as it causes a build-up of unnecessary chemicals and do not tumble dry. Wash dark colours separately. Drip dry, preferably in the sun.
Face coverings are not classed as PPE. They are not manufactured to a recognised standard and not CE marked. Face coverings including face masks and snoods are designed to limit the spread of infection, such as Human Coronavirus. Our face coverings are not intended as medical grade face masks.
SilverGuard face masks are currently not certified medical devices. However, various studies have shown the efficacy of the IONIC+™ silver layer in inhibiting bacterial and virus growth – reducing 99.9% of pathogens on fabric within a four hour period.
The evidence suggests that face masks can help protect each other and reduce the spread of the disease if someone is suffering from coronavirus, but not showing symptoms. The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that face coverings should be worn in public where social distancing is not possible to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. Many countries have made the wearing of face coverings and masks mandatory in certain conditions or they are highly recommended to be worn. In the UK for example, from the 24th July 2020 it has become mandatory to wear a face covering on all public transport and in shops, including supermarkets, indoor shopping centres, banks, building societies and post offices.
Face coverings are not a replacement for normal precautionary hygienic measures such as handwashing, not touching ones face, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or elbow and keeping a proper social distance from other people. Always ensure one’s hands are clean by practicing appropriate hand hygiene.
Please refer to current UK government guidelines on face coverings here.
SilverGuard masks are not comparable to any face masks on the market. With three distinct layers, our masks are:
- Antimicrobial: the IONIC+™ silver layer inhibits bacterial and virus growth – reducing 99.9% of pathogens on fabric within a four hour period
- Anti odour and anti acne: the IONIC+™ silver layer also inhibits the growth of microbes that can cause acne or odour. This protection offers breathability and comfort for all-day wear
- Enhanced barrier protection: an adjustable nose bridge provides a better fit
- Fluid repellent: repels airborne liquids that may contain harmful microbes
- Cost effective: our reusable masks are ten times cheaper than disposable masks
- Environmentally friendly: our masks are reusable and can be washed over 100 times. They also contain no nanotechnology
Face coverings are not suitable for babies or children under 36 months or primary aged children who cannot use them without assistance, or those who may have problems breathing while wearing a face covering. Children should be supervised at all times when using a face mask or other face covering, and they are not recommended for infants who may struggle to breathe with a covering or even choke if they put parts in their mouth.
Face coverings are not suitable for babies or children under 36 months or primary aged children who cannot use them without assistance, or those who may have problems breathing while wearing a face covering. Children should be supervised at all times when using a face mask, and they are not recommended for infants who may struggle to breathe with a mask or even choke if they put parts in their mouth.
SilverGuard believes that where possible, non medical face masks should not be for single use to help reduce the burden on the environment. According to some estimates, globally we are using 129 billion face masks and 65 billion plastic gloves every month. While some face masks are disposable, SilverGuard face masks are reusable, making them more environmentally friendly.
SilverGuard face masks and snoods are reusable, and washable over 100 times making them both cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
Due to health regulations, masks are considered personal items and may not be exchanged or returned for resale. SilverGuard face coverings will only be replaced if defective in materials or construction.
Yes, our face masks and snoods are manufactured in the UK.
Yes, we can custom-make face masks in your brand colours. Please contact us for more information.